Convention attendees are expected to follow the code of conduct while on site at the convention. Anyone who violates the code of conduct will be asked to leave the convention. Convention attendees can also be asked to leave for unruly behavior. Unruly behavior includes, but is not limited to disrespect for convention or hotel guests and personnel, vandalism, derogatory comments or gestures to anyone in the convention premises, intimidation of others with violence or the threat of violence, use or possession of alcohol, cigarettes, illegal drugs, firearms or fireworks, or tampering with fire alarms or other actions that could affect the safety of others.
Curfew: Curfew is established for anyone under the age of 18 at midnight (12:00 AM). Loitering is not allowed at any time. Noise: Noise must be kept to a minimum between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM. Playing radios, tapes, or watching television in a manner that will disturb other attendees during this time is prohibited.
Damages: You will be personally liable and prosecuted in accordance to US laws for any damage to equipment, furniture, or buildings that is caused by your conduct. Please report any damage immediately so that you will not be charged unnecessarily.
Copyrights: The Muslim American Society is the sole owner of the material being presented at the convention, and all materials are copyrighted. Therefore, there will be no recording of any materials or shows presented at the convention in any format (audio, video, pictures). We expect all of you to adhere to these requests and hope that your stay with us is rewarding mentally, spiritually, and physically. Please do not hesitate to contact the MAS/ICNA Information Center or convention personnel should you need additional assistance or have any question.
SAFETY & SECURITY In case of an emergency, please notify MAS Security or McCormick Place staff immediately. This includes, but is not limited to suspicious persons, theft of personal belongings, medical issues, and any other emergency. The Muslim American Society is not liable or responsible for any lost or stolen items. Therefore, we strongly recommend you do not keep valuables unattended. Please be advised that during large sessions and events during the convention, you may be asked to have your bags checked prior to entering. We may deny you entry if you do not consent to a search of your belongings. We ask for your patience and cooperation with security during that time.
The following guidelines have been put in place during the convention to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone in attendance.
It’s important to uphold the values of unity by exhibiting brotherhood/sisterhood toward each other. Following the examples from the Quran and the tradition of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), please be courteous to one another and realize we are all here for the sake of learning and growing as a community.
While we realize there are social aspects to the convention, we want to emphasize the benefit of attending the entire convention and learning from the esteemed scholars on site. To really reach your potential and bring back useful knowledge to your individual communities, it is as important to be present in sessions as it is to be in the hallways networking with friends.
Following the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Muslims are expected to be clean and neat in appearance, and uphold the values of our faith. We expect attendees to adhere to those guidelines and represent Muslims in the best possible way.
Before coming on site to the convention each day, make sure you have your badge and materials necessary to ensure an enjoyable experience. The badges help to keep things running smoothly and make sure you are able to get into sessions that are restricted to registered attendees only. If you lose your badge, please head to registration for a replacement.
While you are on site, we expect you to exhibit the behavior of a true ambassador of Islam. There should be no running, loud talking, or horseplay in the halls. Food is not allowed outside the designated eating areas. You should only be in rooms assigned for your program. Do not loiter in lounges or staff offices without permission. Do not request the use of phones or other material belonging to the Convention administration or hotel without permission.
We would like to remind attendees to behave in an appropriate and mature manner. Please do not sit on window ledges, run up and down escalators, or slide down railings. If you have children at the convention, please keep an eye on them and ensure they adhere to the guidelines. The opinions expressed herein by the guest speakers at the MAS-ICNA Convention are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Muslim American Society (MAS) or the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA).
Registration cancellation and name change requests received before December 1st, 2023 are subject to $50 service charge. Registrant who fails to attend or email registration office([email protected]) to cancel by December 1st will be liable for the entire registration fees. Convention management has the right to deny any person from attending without any liability.
In exchange for participation in the activities of the MAS-ICNA Annual Convention organized by MAS Chicago NFP, a an Illinois Not For Profit corporation, of 9210 S Oketo Ave, Bridgeview, Illinois, 60455, hereinafter referred to as MAS, and/or use of the property, facilities and services of MAS, I agree for myself and (if applicable) members of my group for which I am receiving badges, to the following:
By wearing the assigned badge and participating in any events planned and/or controlled by MAS, I agree to the following: MAS events are provided with no special warranty either express or implied. MAS and its organizers and members, assume no liability for any loss, theft, damage, or injury to property or persons, whether arising in contract, negligence, equity, or otherwise.
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by MAS, or the employees, representatives or agents of MAS.
You assume all risks when participating in MAS events. All participants must use care and good judgment and must obey all rules and regulations of MAS. You will comply with all requests made by employees and staff of MAS. MAS reserves the right to eject any participant who they feel, in their sole discretion, does not comply with the terms of this section. Ejected participants will not be entitled to a refund or any further recourse.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activities and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my group members, and further release and discharge MAS for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my group’s use of or presence upon the facilities of MAS, whether caused by the fault of myself, my group, MAS or other third parties.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend MAS against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my groups’ use of or presence upon the facilities of MAS.
4. FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of MAS caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my group.
5. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Illinois law.
6. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that MAS has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
7. ARM’S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm’s length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either “for” or “against” a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
8. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be resolved by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award will be final, and any judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.