٢٦٩ البقرة ﴾وَمَنْ يُؤْتَ الْحِكْمَةَ فَقَدْ أُوتِيَ خَيْرًا كَثِيرًا ﴿
(Al-Baqarah 2:269) “… and he, to whom wisdom is granted, is indeed granted abundant good”
We witness a growing wave of the world of social media with varying shapes and forms. We closely observe new trends in social practices and lifestyles which will eventually and inevitably affect people’s view of gender, family & relationships. We hear all the time about the concept of “modern” life which calls for trying & adopting new ideas, concepts, and practices and considers the “old” ideas & practices as outdated and sometimes described as backward. We live in a very dynamic realm where new and/or “modern” trends are always introduced to the different facets of life such as economy, financial transaction, politics, civic engagement, liberties, human rights, etc.
This is an intellectual and social theme dealing with the Islamic perspective on the new trends and directions the society is facing and is pushed to practice, adopt and call for.
The following are relevant questions worth of answering:
(الْكَلِمَةُ الْحِكْمَةُ ضَالَّةُ الْمُؤْمِنِ حَيْثُمَا وَجَدَهَا فَهُوَ أَحَقُّ بِهَا)
(“A wise word is the lost property of the believer, so wherever he finds it, he has more right to it”)
(من أحدث في أمرنا هذا ماليس منه فهو ردّ)
(Whoever introduces into this matter of ours (meaning Islam) something that does not belong to it shall have it rejected.)
(لَتَتَّبِعُنَّ سَنَنَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ شِبْرًا بِشِبْرٍ وَذِرَاعًا بِذِرَاعٍ حَتَّى لَوْ دَخَلُوا فِي جُحْرِ ضَبٍّ لاَتَّبَعْتُمُوهُمْ )
(You would tread the same path as was trodden by those before you inch by inch and step by step so much so that if they had entered into the hole of the lizard, you would follow them in this also)
EXAMPLES FOR IMPORTANT TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Social Media: Big potential and real danger.
- The Society and the Immoral Directions: Normalizing LGBTQ in all facets of life.
- Islam and the Contemporary Family Life: the challenge of the new trends.
- Parenting & New Realities: New opportunities & challenges.
- Political participation & engagement and Modernization.
- Islamic Reform (التجديد): in which areas and to what extent?
- Islamic Fiqh: A robust system delivering for all ages and realities.
- The Islamic Intellectual Capacity: between “flexibility المرونة” & “deadlock الجمود “
- Islamic Dawa & New Tools/Trends: What is acceptable and what is not?
- Islamic Movement: Renewing the tools, revisiting/reconsidering the objectives while holding tightly on the principles.
- Islamic Financial/Economic System: The new transactions in the balance while dealing with a well-connected global financial/economic system.