WHO CAN AUDITION
American Muslims Got Talent Season 6 is open to all acts. If you have what it takes, bring it on!
It will take place December 26th with the first place winner getting the chance to perform again on December 28th.
HOW TO AUDITION
- Make an audition video of no more than 2 minutes performing your talent.
- State your name and location at the beginning of your video submission.
- Submit your entry fee and send a copy along with your video to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Deadline is December 20, 2022 at midnight (cst).
RULES & REGULATIONS:
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THESE RULES!
Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Talent Show organizers.
- Performers under the age of 18 MUST have consent of a parent or guardian in order to participate.
- The top 6 performers will be notified after the submission entry has ended. They will receive free registration for themselves to the convention, but will be responsible for providing their own hotel accommodations, food, transportation, parking and other related expenses.
- If selected into the top 6, performers must be available in Chicago from December 26th-28th
- Group and solo acts are welcome to submit as long as they follow the guidelines of the competition.
- A Sound Technician and microphone(s) will be provided. Performers MUST provide their own recorded music, props, etc., if needed at rehearsal. Recorded music MUST be on a CD or USB flash drive in an acceptable format (i.e. MP3 or WAV file). No changes to music or acts after rehearsal.
- All contestants must perform the same act or musical selection exactly as their video audition. This includes number of people in the act (if a group of performers). Act MUST NOT exceed 5 minutes.
- Keep attire at a respectable and tasteful level. NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements are to be shown on any clothing.
- MAS-ICNA reserves the right to CANCEL or RESTRICT a particular performance, even if the performance does not violate a rule. The decisions made by judges or the show’s management in setting rules or evaluating a performance are usually considered final and are not subject to complaint or alteration.
- Once selected, performers will need to sign a contract in which, if violated, will be subject to legal actions.
- NO profanity or vulgar lyrics in any vocal performance or dance music will be allowed.
- NO pyrotechnics, open flames or acts requiring more than 14 FEET of ceiling height.
WHAT DO THE WINNERS RECEIVE?
Winners win cash prizes! Cash prizes depend on what category the competitor competes in and what rank he/she achieves. In addition, the top 3 winners in “The Whole Quran” category will be recommended to participate in the following:
1st place winner – $2,000
2nd place winner – $1,000
3rd place winner – $500
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Submit a video audition of no more than 2 minutes performing your talent. Make sure your video is well lit and state your name and location at the beginning. Pay the entry fee, and send a copy with a link to your audition video: email@example.com by December 15th at midnight central standard time.
Yes, there is a $25 non-refundable fee to enter the talent show.
The small fee helps cover a portion of what it costs to put on a large scale talent show in front of 25,000 people.
If you’re under the age of 18, you must have the permission of your parent or guardian.
The judges will be looking for quality, charisma and content that is geared toward an American Muslim audience.
The top 12 finalists will audition in person at the MAS-ICNA convention for a shot at being one of the 3 acts to perform on the main stage.
The top 6 will compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. They will perform on entertainment night.
First Place: $2,000
Second Place: $1,000
Third Place: $500